Oster Bread Machine

"Jazzbel" <jazzbel@grouper.batelnet.bs>
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:12:37 -0500
v099.n004.7
I live at sea level and have had an oster since November, 2.5 pounds size
and have gotten wonderful bread from it.
I would try to contact the manufacturer, and also ask someone in your area
with a BM to compare notes.
You should also:
1) test your yeast.
2) try to adjust liquid/flour ratios.

While trying to determine whether the machine is faulty, try baking white
breads on it.  Sometimes, certain ingredients, such as garlic, produce flat
tops.

Also WW, rye and other flour with lower gluten content could affect your
results.
Later, Jazzbel

Give me, for a beautiful sight, a neat and smart woman, heating her oven
and setting in her bread!
 And, if the bustle does make the sign of labour glisten on her brow, where
is the man that would not
kiss that off, rather than lick the plaster from the cheek of a duchess?
-- William Cobbet, The Cottage Economy(1821)