Thank you

KSBAUM@aol.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:36:10 EST
v099.n004.6
Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies to my post about my Oster bread
machine troubles.

I've been tinkering with a basic white bread recipe to get the optimum balance
of ingredients. For a loaf that has 3 c. flour, I use about 3/4 tsp. of yeast
(Red Star active dry), a generous tsp. of salt, 8 oz. water or warm milk, 1
tsp. sugar, and a generous tsp. of Lora Brody's Bread Dough Enhancer. This
last really makes all difference - it's magic stuff. The loaf rose high and
stayed that way throughout baking. The finished bread looked great and had a
texture that I prefer - not too squishy.

Again many thanks to everyone for their help. I'm going to tackle whole wheat
bread next and will keep you posted.

Karin Baumgardner
Issaquah, WA