Lactose Free Milk

"Caron Rose" <crose@sbd.com>
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:26:43 -0500
v098.n074.4
Thank  you to all that responded  on the subject of Sweet Milk.

I have another question.  I have recently been told that I am lactose
intollerant.   I am now buying both regular milk for the kids, and lactose
free milk for me.  I don't like it straight, but it's ok for cereal and
mashed potatoes.  I haven't tried it in my baking, because I'm not sure of
the result.  It has a slightly different taste (not as sweet), and since
there is no lactose, I wasn't sure if it would affect the color or texture
of baked breads and cookies, etc.   Has anyone tried it in their baking?

Thanks,
Caron Rose