Re: Bread baking and humidity

KHudson123@aol.com
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:34:41 EDT
v098.n061.4
Humidity means A LOT!
If you cannot control the humidity, then breads with sensitive moisture
content (i.e., those with cottage cheese), won't do well under high humidity
(or RAIN, of course).  Living in the muggy Mid-Atlantic U.S. without air
conditioning (but also without high electric bills!), I put the ABM away until
the temperatures get into the 70s F (20s C).  (I gave up on old-fashioned
bread-making much earlier,  as it is almost impossible to find a suitable
location to let dough rise in my current setup.  The ABM controls its own
environment to a greater degree.)
  Kathy Hudson (KHudson123@aol.com)