Danish Bread

Myron Menaker <myronm@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:28:26 -0400
v098.n055.7
I travelled to Denmark quite often on business.......that bread is truly
wonderful! I believe that the generic name for all of those dark brown
breads is "rugbrod" --
probably "rye bread" in English. Perhaps the Danish Embassy or a
consulate could give you a recipe.

Myron in Florida

From: "andy&shell" <andy.shell@virgin.net>
Subject: Mystery Bread

<<<I went on an exchange holiday in Denmark about 15 years ago.
Whilst I was
there, every day, the couple made sandwhiches for me to take on my
sightseeing trips.  The bread they used seemed to be a traditional
loaf,
very, very dark brown, quite hardish and small pieces.  I have very
strong
memories about this bread and have tried, without success to find out
what
this bread was and ideally to get a recipe.  I'm not very
knowledgeable
about foreign breads, some one surgested I tried something called
pumpanickle, but it deffinately wasn't that.  I would be so greatful
if
anyone could help, even just with the name.>>>>