Gloriamarie's idea for pancakes

Mark and Jen Wesner <mwnjw@iei.net>
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:07:42 -0500
v098.n035.15
At 12:34 AM 4/19/98 -0700, you wrote:

>So what the Lazy Cook does is to mix up a batch supposedly of about 25
>pancakes and I bake them in the oven in a jellyroll pan at 350 for about
>1/2 hour.

Gloriamarie, you are BRILLIANT!  Add that to your list of names your guests
call you!

BTW, here's my favourite "flat bread" recipe for pancakes.  It's from my
FIL, who makes the best:

4 eggs (or 6 egg whites)
3 1/2 cups skim milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup butter or canola oil
4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar (I use Sucanat)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup baking powder

Beat the eggs well, add the other liquids, and then mix in the dry
ingredients.  Makes 24 pancakes.  The key to this is not to overmix the
batter; also, let it stand about 5 minutes before pouring out the pancakes.
 This allows the baking powder to start working.  These are the lightest,
best pancakes I've ever had!  Can also be frozen and reheated.

Jenny

Mark and Jen Wesner
mwnjw@iei.net
"Passionate people change the world."