Bread in the Bible

"Jazzbel" <jazzbel@GROUPER.BATELNET.BS>
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:52:45 -0400
v098.n034.5
In biblical times, leavened bread was made from fermented starches.  I am
not aware of any recipes in the Bible, but am no scholar either.

Here's a quote though:

Mathew 13:33
Another parable spake he unto them: The kingdom of heaven is like unto
leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measurements of meal, till the
whole was leavened.

I think thre is also the reference for Ezekiel Bread.

Later, Jazzbel

Give me, for a beautiful sight, a neat and smart woman, heating her oven
and setting in her bread!
 And, if the bustle does make the sign of labour glisten on her brow, where
is the man that would not
kiss that off, rather than lick the plaster from the cheek of a duchess?
-- William Cobbet, The Cottage Economy(1821)