re: thermometers?

Ruth Provance <rprovanc@gmu.edu>
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 17:36:57 -0700
v098.n032.18
This is for Don Chambers:

You may find that the answer to many of the "where do I find . . .?"
questions is the same:  The King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalog.  You can
get all kinds of digital and analog thermometers there.

On the other hand, what would work best is probably that ten-dollar dial
thermometer you found at Target.  I assume this is an "instant-read"
type.  I use one that matches that description that I got through the
Bakers Catalog (see above), but have since found similar items at my
local supermarket.  The temperature ranges you are looking for are not
so tight that you really need a digital thermometer, but if it will make
you happy, by all means, go for it!  You might also check in cookware
stores near you, such as Williams Sonoma or a gourmet shop.  You might
also ask your local baker where he/she gets such equipment.

Keep Baking Bread!

Christ is Risen Indeed!  \o/

Ruth