texture and moisture

"Veronica" <veronica@advnet.net>
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 07:08:32 -0700
v098.n032.12
I have been making bread by  hand for years now, with very little noticable
difference.  However, last summer I stopped all together since it was just
TOO hot in my farmhouse kitchen.  When I returned to baking in the fall, my
bread baked up more coarse and dry then I remember.  I added more liquid,
without the desired results.  I am now working with the kneading time, but
am getting discouraged with the products.

Perhaps someone can explain to me what I am doing or (or not doing) and I
can be back in stride.  Or even a good basic white loaf recipe that will
have a finer texture, and a nicer moisture content.

Thanks ever so much! Happy baking!