Cinnamon swirl bread

"Susan Chapin" <schapin@mitre.org>
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:35:15 -0400
v098.n030.12
Yes, that's the right idea.  I don't have my bread recipe with me, and it is
a non-wheat recipe anyway, but here are the things that turn a bread recipe
into a cinnamon swirl recipe:

- start with a fairly sweet bread

- add a heaped teaspoon ginger to the dough ingredients

- add raisins or currants as for an ordinary raisin bread

- before the last rise, at punch down, roll the dough fairly flat.  Spread
with a mixure of about 1 TB butter, 1 1/2 TB cinnamon, and 1 1/2 TB sugar
(actual amounts to your taste).  It should be a spreadable paste.  Be sure
NOT to spread the mixture all the way to the edges of the dough.  Roll it up
and pinch the ends to seal.

- let rise the last time and bake.

I do this all the time in my Zo.  I simply pull out the dough at the punch
down, prepare, and return it to the pan.  Actually I also change pans, since
I have one of Irwin's "finnish" pans without a paddle.  I set my watch timer
to 1 hour 16 minutes from the time I press the Start button, which takes me
to the punchdown before the last rise, so I can go in the kitchen and make
the switch.
Does anyone have a good bread machine recipe for cinnamon bread?
The kind with a swirl of cinnamon through it?

In general, I make dough in my bread machine, then bake it in the oven. I'm
guessing I would have to make some sort of sweet dough, roll it out, spread
it
with cinnamon and sugar, roll it up like a jellyroll, and then bake it in a
loaf pan?

I would appreciate any help with this!