Re: Bread Machine recipe question (packaging ingredients ahead of time).

Penchard <Penchard@aol.com>
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:10:24 EST
v098.n025.5
In a message dated 98-03-22 00:12:09 EST, gimplimp@teleport.com writes:

<<  Has anyone
 tried packaging dry ingredients up for future use?
 Has it worked? >>

Russ

Yes, I have heard of this being done with great success.  Just keep the flour
etc, in a large ziplock bag and when you're ready to bake, just add your
liquids and the yeast.  This is basically the same as buying those bread mixes
in the grocery store but a lot less expensive.

I like to keep all my flours, grains, seeds etc in the refrigerator.  You
might want to think about that for your packages.

Yvonne in Milford, Mi