Ascorbic Acid Test, Part III

Ruth Provance <rprovanc@gmu.edu>
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 07:35:52 -0800
v098.n023.17
Okay, this time I made two batches of my Daily Bread
http://www.upword.com/bread/daily.html
and they were identical except that one of them had 1/8 tsp of Ascorbic
Acid.  The loaves with the additive did not rise any higher or faster
than those without.  The only difference I could see was the Ascorbic
Acid breads were "uglier" than the control loaves.  The dough split
slightly on one loaf in rising, leaving an unven crust and misshapen
loaf.  The other loaf had small pits in the surface of the loaf.

Would someone recommend that I try more Asorbic Acid, or should I just
call this one a "no desireable effect" result?

Ruth