Using ABM recipes by hand

"Jo in Minnesota" <josiem@tekstar.com>
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 13:47:49 -0600
v098.n023.9
Thanks for the good recipes for the bread machines.  I used
to make all mine by hand until
arthritis objected to all the kneading, and I was happy to
turn it all over to an ABM.

Most of these can be used easily by hand, hand made bread
is most forgiving, allowing you to add a little more
liquid, or a little more flour.  Just relax and enjoy the
making and you will do fine.

The one recipe that I can speak to is the one made with
picante or salsa.  I made a loaf with Old El Paso Chunky
mild salsa that was just excellent.  Warm up the salsa if
it has been refrigerated, start with one cup of flour and
keep adding until it seems right.  Salsas and Picantes vary
so much your bread may require much more flour than the
recipe calls for.

Enjoy yourself, and thanks again, I want to try the Tabouli
bread!

Jo in Minnesota