Recipe: Taco-Cheddar Bread

"Bob & Carole Walberg" <walbergr@mb.sympatico.ca>
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 16:06:48 +500
v098.n007.20
I tried this recipe today from a Gold Medal Flour Bread Machine
booklet today.  It was really yummy and turned out well.  Since I
live in Canada and we have wonderful all-purpose flour with lots of
protein in it, I used that instead of bread flour.
Carole Walberg

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Taco-Cheddar Bread

Recipe By     : Gold Medal Flour/ Carole Walberg
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :3:00
Categories    : Bread                            Bread Machine

                        For 1 1/2-Lb. Machine
   1      Cup           Water -- Plus 2 Tbsp
   3      Cups          Bread Flour -- ** See Notes
   1      Cup           Shredded Cheddar Cheese -- 4 Oz.
   1      Tablespoon    Taco Seasoning Mix -- Dry
   1      Tablespoon    Sugar
     3/4  Teaspoon      Salt
   1 1/2  Teaspoons     Bread Machine Yeast -- ** See Notes

                        For 2 Lb. Machine
   1 1/2  Cups          Water
   4      Cups          Bread Flour
   1      Cup           Shredded Cheddar Cheese
   4      Teaspoons     Taco Seasoning Mix
   1      Tablespoon    Sugar
   1      Teaspoon      Salt
   1 3/4  Teaspoons     Bread Machine Yeast

** Notes- I used all-purpose flour and active dry yeast in the
measures as listed and the bread turned out well.

1. Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machines pan in
the order recommended by the manufacturer.

2. Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust colour.  Do not
use delay cycles.  Remove baked bread from pan and cool on rack.

3. This recipe is not recommended for 1 1/2 lb. bread machines with
cast-aluminum pans in horizontal-loaf shape.

carole@mts.net
http://www.brandonu.ca/~walberrd/family.html for 1000's of
recipes in MC format and the .MXP Browser for the non-MC user