RE: Simple "dough enhancer"

SAS890 <SAS890@aol.com>
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 15:24:31 EST
v098.n002.3
Hi - my name is Sue, and I have been lurking for awhile now.  I just wanted to
contribute a bit of information I happened upon.  I have a Hitachi and love
it.  A year ago at Christmas, my aunt got a machine of a different brand (I'm
sorry but I don't recall what it was.)  Her owner's manual instructed to add 1
teaspoon of lemon juice (bottled is what we use) to ANY recipe for bread.  I
tried it too, and it really does make a lovely loaf.  It was only later that I
saw in a baker's catalog that I get that they actually sell ascorbic acid for
such a purpose.  Of course that is what is in lemon juice.  I don't know how
the cost would compare, frankly, but lemon juice is awfully  handy.  I just
thought this might be of interest to some of you.

  Oh yes, in case anyone is interested, the baker's catalog that I get is
called:
The Baker's Catalog
P.O. Box 876
Norwich, VT  05055-0876