Cutting ABM bread

BreadMagician@prodigy.com ( LINDA REHBERG)
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 14:54:48, -0500
v098.n002.2
Rodney,  I've tried a few of the slicing guides and fancy bread
knives with mixed results.  I had problems with the slicing guides
because my bread knife is so sharp, I'd end up cutting slivers of
wood and plastic off the guides as well.  The bread knives with an
attached guide are OK but most of them can't be adjusted to vary the
thickness of the slice.  I think the very best answer is a good
electric knife or a very sharp, serrated bread knife.  Surprisingly,
some of the cheapest bread knives have worked the best.  They're thin,
 sharp and go through the bread quite easily.

By any chance, is your bread machine a Panasonic?  Just curious.  The
bread produced by the Panasonics is excellent but tends to be softer
than most other machines.  It's almost impossible to slice the first
day.

Linda Rehberg
co-author of the Bread Machine Magic series of books