Great Dough Enhancer using just 3 ingredients

Raphael Ryan <raphaelr@ix.netcom.com>
Sun, 04 Jan 1998 06:47:57 -0600
v098.n001.6
Dear Sandy,

The name and address of the person who sent in the great Dough Enhancer
was:
          Peggy Doolin <peggyvt@ibm.net>

It is as follows, in her own words:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dough Enhancer

1 Cup  Lecithin granules
1 Tblsp Vitamin C powder
1 Tblsp Ginger, ground

  Mix all ingredients and store in tightly closed glass jar. Add to
breadmaker in amount equal to yeast with other dry ingredients. Start
machine. Apparently, the  ginger gooses the yeast and makes it act more
swiftly, the ascorbic acid strengthens the gluten, and the lecithin aids
the oil in causing the strands of gluten to slip against each other more
easily and thus rise better.
I had to go to the breadbakers archives to regain the recipe after
accidentally deleting it from my system.

You'll find Lecithin granules at health food stores and powdered Vitamin
C (ascorbic acid) at a pharmacy or you could use the 'Freeze Fresh'
stuff they have where they have items needed for freezing fruits (used
to keep the fruit from turning brown).

I like adding whole wheat flour to my bread but the bran, with its sharp
edges, can really cut the heck out of the little cells, letting the air
escape and making the bread heavy. This dough enhancer really helps.