M&M's and Raisins

Thomas N Strantz <TSTRANTZ@compuserve.com>
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 10:47:20 -0500
v097.n082.6
I have a Zoji ABM and I also wear a hearing aid.  I cannot hear the high
pitch beep when it is time to add raisins.

This is what I do with raisin bread and it might help with adding M&M's.

When the knead cycle stops (after about 45 minutes in my machine) I remove
the pan and place the dough on a floured surface.  I remove the paddle from
the pan, since it is no longer needed, and place the empty pan back in the
machine.

I form the dough with my hands into a rectangle about 6 inches by 18
inches.  I spread the raisins evenly over the dough and pat them into the
dough with my hands.  Then I sprinkle with the cinnamon listed in the
recipe.

Now I roll the dough up jelly-roll fashion shaping it with my hands so it
is only about 4 inches high.  Then I place it back into the pan for the
raising and baking.

With this method the raisins are evenly distributed and do not get
mashed-up by the paddle.

Tom Strantz