dough enhancer

BOB FORD <BOB_FORD@compuserve.com>
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:00:29 -0500
v097.n079.4
In every loaf of bread I make, I add the following home made dough enhancer.

It is much cheaper (and I think better) than the kind you buy prepackaged.

1 EGG

and 1 tablespoon of each of the following:
VITAMIN C POWDER
DRIED TOFU POWDER
PECTIN
DRY BUTTERMILK POWDER
LECITHIN GRANULES
MALTED MILK

This dough enhancer  does wonders for me.  If you can not find these
ingredients in a grocery store try a health food store.

I also cut the salt in half for several reasons.

1. I think most people get too much salt in their diet for good health
2. It make the bread rise higher, especially in wheat breads.
3. I tried several different breads with half the salt and the full amount
   and I could not tell any difference in the bread.

BOB FORD
BOB_FORD@COMPUSERVE.COM