Lora Brody's Dough Relaxer--Here's what's in it

jefstone@juno.com (John E Firestone)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:11:55 EST
v097.n078.20
We have a 10 oz. can of Lora Brody's Dough Relaxer that we purchased via
the King Arthur Baker's Catalogue @ 1-800-827-6836.  The ingredients
listed on the can include:  Non-fat dry milk, diastatic malt, natural
sour dough concentrate, baking powder, canola oil (anti-caking agent).

We tried it today and we liked it!  My wife traditionally makes Italian
fig cookies every Christmas season--those funny little fig cookies with
the thin cookie dough on the outside, slits on the side, a citrus icing
on top, then sprinkled with multi-colored non-pareils.  (Hungry yet??)
At any rate, Lora's product made the cookie dough easier to roll out thin
enough with less tendency to split or break up or to recoil.  She plans
to use it every time she makes the cookies from now on.

Good luck!!   John Firestone, Sr.