Re: yiest in bread

rich <bzwax@tiac.net>
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 20:12:40 -0400
v097.n076.7
"dcowper" <dcowper@tinet.ie> wrote:
>i have recently got a bread machine everytime i make a white bread or
>french bread the recipe calls for 1.5 2 teaspoons of active dry yieast but
>bread allways tastes of this can anyone help me please

I don't know what you are tasting, but bread with few ingredients like
white or french bread does taste like yeast somewhat.  It is just part of
the character of yeast-raised bread. And to many people it is quite an
attractive aspect of bread.

If for some reason you are tasting something else (like an off taste) I
don't know what that is.  You can always make other kinds of bread or add
other flavorings to balance out the yeasty flavor.

Best,
Debbie Bier
Concord, MA