Re: Looking for Portuguese bread recipe

KHudson123@aol.com
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 13:18:24 -0500 (EST)
v097.n073.4
In a message dated 97-11-17 10:16:52 EST, Anita Paradis wrote:

>  Does anyone have a recipe for that wonderful Portuguese bread adapted for
>  bread machines?

   Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway (members of this list) have a Dough setting
recipe in BREAD MACHINE MAGIC and a machine-cooked (different) recipe in MORE
BREAD MACHINE MAGIC; I'll let them post for themselves.  (They are my bread
machine gurus; their web site is: www.breadmachinemagic.com.)
   The following came from the Nitty Gritty Cookbook series.  I haven't tried
these myself, so you'll have to figure out any adjustments that might be
required for your machine:

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Portuguese Sweet Bread

Recipe By     : Maria, in Donna German's The Bread Machine Cookbook
Serving Size  : 15   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads

   1      cup           milk
   2      large         eggs
   2      Tablespoons   butter
     1/3  cup           sugar
     1/2  cup           sugar -- optional extra
     3/4  teaspoon      salt
   3      cups          bread flour
   2 1/2  teaspoons     yeast

Dump in machine in order suggested by manufacturer.  Press start.   Makes 1
1/2 pound loaf.

Collected by Donna Rathmell German, THE BREAD MACHINE COOKBOOK, (Nitty Gritty
Cookbook series), Bristol Publishing Enterprises, Inc., PO Box 1737, San
Leandro, CA 94577, 1991, page 26.
ISBN 1-5567-025-4

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Portuguese White Bread

Recipe By     : collected by Donna German, The Bread Machine Cookbook
Serving Size  : 15   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads

   1 1/3  cups          water
     1/4  cup           butter
   1 1/3  Tablespoons   sugar
   2      teaspoons     salt
   3 2/3  cups          bread flour
   2 1/2  teaspoons     yeast

Dump in order suggested by manufacturer.  Press start.  Makes 1 1/2 pound
loaf.

Collected by Donna Rathmell German, THE BREAD MACHINE COOKBOOK, (Nitty Gritty
Cookbook series), Bristol Publishing Enterprises, Inc., PO Box 1737, San
Leandro, CA 94577, 1991, page 27.
ISBN 1-5567-025-4

Kathy Hudson, KHudson123@aol.com