ABM_Recipes Xpost

Marceline8@aol.com
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 23:30:53 -0500 (EST)
v097.n070.7
Hi

   I'm new to the list but wanted to get my feet wet".  Here is a few of my
favorite ABM recipes.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                       Finnish Pulla (Coffee Bread)

Recipe By     : The Bread Machine Cookbook V
Categories    : Bread Machine

     3/4  cup           milk
   1      teaspoon      vanilla
   1 1/2                eggs
   3      tablespoons   butter
     1/3  cup           sugar
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      Cardamon -- (*see note)

This is a very high rising bread, I have a 2 lb machine but never make more
than this 1 1/2 lb recipe.  If you see bread is going to rise up to & touch
viewing window pierce with a skewer to let some air out.
Put in the order given for your type opf ABM
Glaze:  Add 1/4 cup sugar to 1 beaten egg and mix well.  Brush on raised
bread.  Prinkle sugar and poppy seeds or chopped or sliced almonds on top and
bake.  If doing this in the machine, be careful not to spill into the machine
itself!

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : The Vanilla extract is my addition and I also substituted cinnamon
for the cardamon.

Use a sweet, white; cycle; no timer, light setting

---------------------------------

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           English Muffin Bread

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread Machine

   1 1/8  cups          Milk
   2      tablespoons   potato flakes
   4      tablespoons   unsalted butter
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   1      teaspoon      salt
   3      cups          bread flour
   1 1/2  teaspoons     yeast -- Rapid or quick

Ingredients             1 pound                  1 1/2 pound           2
pounds
Milk*see note          3/4 Cup                   1 1/8 cups            1 1/3
cups
potato flakes           1 1/2 tbsp               2 tbsp                  2
1/2 tbsp
unsalted butter        2 1/2 tbsp               4 tbsp                  5
tbsp
sugar                       2 tsp                       1 tbsp
                 1 1/3 tbsp
salt                           3/4  tsp                   1 tsp
                  1 tsp
bread flour               2 cups                    3 cups                3
1/2 cups
rapid or quick yeast  1 tsp                       1 1/2 tsp             1 1/2
tsp

Use the sweet, white cycle on light to medium setting

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : I use Instant nonfat dry milk mixed with water (to equal same
measurement of milk) mostly because I like this bread in the morning & of
course milk would spoil so there is no problem using the timer with this.

------------------------------------

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Hawaiian Sweet Bread

Recipe By     : The Bread Machine Cookbook V
Categories    : Bread Machine

*****  NONE  *****

Ingredients                1 lb               1 1/2 lbs             2 lbs
Pineapple Juice       2/3 cup         3/4 cup                1 cup
egg                             1/2                    1
                        1
milk                            3 tbsp               1/4 cup              1/3
cup
butter or marg.          2 1/2 tbsp      4 tbsp                 4 tbsp
vanilla extract             1 tsp              1 tsp                   1 tsp
ground ginger             pinch             1/4 tsp                1/3 tsp
salt                              1/3 tsp            1/2 tsp                1
tsp
sugar                           1/4 cup           1/3 cup               1/3
cup

NOTES : One small can of pineapple juice(6oz) equals approx. 3/4 cup water
may be added to that if you do not want to open a second can.  This is a high
rising bread, you may not want to make the largest size.