re: How to roll pizza dough

BillyFish@aol.com
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 05:27:29 -0500 (EST)
v097.n068.7
rbursey@pine.alberni.net (Robert Bursey) wrote:

*******
I usually use a rolling pin to form a pizza. But I am wondering if the way
you see pizzeria guys do it is better. I tried this method, but found  I
ended up with thin spots in the middle and too heavy around the edges. The
centre often ended up with holes, so I'd have to try again. I eventually went
back to the rolling pin. Just wondering if there is any advantage to the
other way. And while we're at it, how about throwing it up in the air and
catching it? :-)
Thanks.

I use a rolling pin too.  I roll the dough out on a cold or slightly warm
pizza stone.  Although I would like a better way, the result is good enough.

What was left out of the post was a description of "if the way you see
pizzeria guys do it."  How do they do it?  How do you learn how to do
"throwing it up in the air and catching it?" without wasting a lot of dough
or making a dough hat?

William Buchman