Request for bread recipe

Bev Jordan <qultfix@directcon.net>
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 08:30:37 -0700
v097.n062.5
I've been reading this list for a few months now seeing all the requests
for recipes and now it's my turn to ask.

Before we moved here to No. California, we lived in Springfield, Oregon.
At the time, there was (and still is) a Fred Meyers and I used to find,
every once in a while, a Squaw Bread that they sold. I have tried many
Squaw Bread recipes but have yet to find one that is like the which was
sold at Fred Meyers. I've even contacted Fred Meyers for the recipe but
no luck.

The bread is pretty dark but quite sweet. I know it doesn't have any rye
in it. Does anyone have a copy-cat Fred Meyer Squaw Bread recipe?

Thanks in advance for your help. BTW, I have a Zoji that I've used now
for about 3-4 years and just love it.

Beverly