RE: freezing yeast?

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 07:58:03 -0400
v097.n059.3
Ann -

I have been freezing yeast for years and it works fine. I keep the unopened foil
packs (I get 2 1-pound packs at a time from Sam's) in the freezer as-is until I
open one, then seal it in a jar in the freezer.  I keep a small jar for ready
use in the refrigerator, replenishing as necessary from the freezer supply.

Don't know how long it will last in the freezer, but suspect for a long time as
long as it is tightly sealed.  I have kept it as long as a year and it is still
quite viable.

Regards.

Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA
- - Be naughty;  save Santa Claus a trip - -