Black & Decker breadmaker?

Ted Burkmar <Ted_Burkmar@bc.sympatico.ca>
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:40:05 -0700
v097.n058.13
Hi,
  I have never baked a loaf of bread in my life, and I have just bought
a 'Black & Decker all in one deluxe auto breadmaker' (B1630 2 lb). Before
I take it out of the box I would appreciate some input on the wisdom of
my selection in terms of reliability & price.  I believe it comes with a
two year warranty.  The sale price was $175.00 CDN, and there is a $20.00
factory rebate, plus they threw in a basic Black & Decker bread starter
kit ( value about $20.00).  $175.00 CDN equals about $110.00 US.  Can any
one comment on the reliability & general design of this B1630 model?  It
seems some bread makers are not sensibly designed, and I am interested to
find out if this is one of them.
  Please cc my email address if you have any comment/suggestion.  Thanks.

ted_burkmar@bc.sympatico.ca

p.s. I am single, the unit might be used twice a week.