Zoji clutch slipping? (Reply)

Tom Strantz <TSTRANTZ@compuserve.com>
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 01:21:33 -0400
v097.n052.19
This reply is for William Buchman:

I've had a Zoji for less than a year now and I have noticed the same thing
that you have: a squeaky noise from time to time when it rotates clockwise.
I've only noticed it on very thick dough.

A few months back, someone on Compuserve wrote that they had to replace a
broken belt in their Zoji.  They were able to get a belt from the company
and replace it themself without sending it for repairs.

I have never opened my machine up, but I suspect that there is no clutch,
just a belt that squeaks when it slips on the pulley.  Too much slipping
and the belt can wear and finally break.

Anyone else have this problem?

Tom