Re: Digest bread-bakers.v097.n047

wittenberg1@juno.com (Heidi K Kaether)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 09:05:14 -0400
v097.n048.1
 Please note, that sourdough techniques do not have to make the
bread sour like "San Francisco Sourdough" bread which is acidic and sour
tasting.

If this is the case, I'm sorry that I've deleted every copy of every
recipe for sourdough starter that I've ever gotten.  Does anyone have a
recipe for a good starter, and is there anything in particular I should
be doing to avoid that sour taste in the breads?  I've never tried my own
sourdough breads as I was so turned off by the taste of the sourdough
breads I've tried.                   - Heidi K.

wittenberg1@juno.com