CORRECTION! + 800 number

magherrick@juno.com
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 07:29:04 DT
v097.n042.2
A while ago I wrote the following in part:

Subject: DAK Gourmet Company?

>Hi, all
 > I have not heard anyone mention the new DAK Gourmet Turbo Baker IV.

IT'S TURBO BAKER V  - NUMBER 5   NOT NUMBER 4

>The original DAK company went out of business but it's bread machines
and
>gourmet baking equipment is now sold by DAK Gourmet Products, 19749
>Bahama Street, Northridge, CA 91324

>They do have an 800 number for sales and information.

THE NUMBER IS:

DAK Gourmet Products
1711 Irvine Ave.
Newport Beach, CA 92660
1-800-600-3500
1-949-646-3000
or FAX:
    1-800-363-3599
    1-949-646-1700
http://www.dakgourmet.com

>This is the big glass dome topped machine that can make a very large
>round loaf.  It looks much like the WELBILT that had the dome, sort of
>looked like R2D2 the robot.

IT HAS A LOT OF BELLS AND WHISTLES AND I AM NOT HAVING VERY GOOD LUCK
WITH IT. ABOUT ONE GOOD LOAF OUT OF 3 OR 4 .

>Anyway, I had a DAK Turbo II for years and really enjoyed it. Gave that
>to my daughter and bought this new Turbo Baker V.   Would you believe
>they RECALLED it???  They sent a letter saying that the motor was not
>strong enough for heavy doughs  (it really got hot) and they would have
>it picked up, a stronger motor installed , and the machine returned to
me
>all at their expense.  We did that.  I have been testing it out.  I
never
>had failures with my original DAK, but this one is very "iffy".

I  HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE.

I would like to hear from anyone who has this machine and has some good
hints to offer.

Thanks.  Write to     magherrick@juno.com