Moist bread...Breadman+ Settings/Service

wmathews@falcon.liunet.edu (Walter Mathews)
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:32:14 -0400
v097.n040.6
:Moist bread:  Kim spoke of moist bread after two days and shared her
recipe...I just ate some of my two-day-old bread that was moist and
delicious...like her I used oatmeal (as 25% of the flour) and a basic white
bread recipe...but I added two egg whites...maybe that helped...it
certainly added more fluid that the oatmeal would demand.

:Breadman Plus:  A few months ago, after reading complaints on this
listserv about the company's poor service, I called Salton to tell them my
pan consistently stuck to the bread...they, to my surprise, politely
replaced the pan for me--without a paddle...my old/original paddle is still
a problem...I called them today...and after some hesitation, they said they
would replace it, too.  I can't complain about their service.

:Now a question for Breadman+ users:  Except for the dough cycle, I only
use cycle 1 (of the other 8) which makes bread in 2 hrs and 40 minutes.
What advantages are there to the other cycles?  I'm happy with the bread I
get and the other cycles take longer.

Thanks...Walter

Walter M. Mathews
University Dean of Academic Affairs