Re:INFO: What's your favorite bread machine?

TaktEZ@aol.com
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:50:48 -0400 (EDT)
v097.n039.12
In a recent letter you wrote:

<<I have been bread machine baking for 7 years now.  My DAK (original
model) machine died on me.  I can't do w/o a bread machine.  The
thought of having to buy store bought bread - yuk!  I need your help
as there are so many different machines out there.  What is your
favorite.

I'd like a bread machine esp. with a whole wheat feature, and I'm
intrigued with the quick bread and jam making features.  Anyone ever
use these features? >>

Hi Jill

I used a DAK for ten years and made some pretty good bread in it.  Finally I
bit the bullet and bought a Zojirushi S15A.  The difference was dramatic.
 The loaves from the Zo are much higher, lighter and have better texture.
 The difference is in the method of kneading.  The Zo uses a two component
kneading system which develops the gluten much more thoroughly.

Although the Zo has the quick bread and jam features, I have never used
either one.  Quick breads are so easy to make using the conventional method I
just never saw the need.  As for Jam, our family doesn't use much of the
stuff so I never got into making it.

Don

PS:
I'll make you a good deal on my old DAK .....  ;- )