Chicago Rye

LoisO43779@aol.com
Sat, 17 May 1997 11:16:31 -0400 (EDT)
v097.n036.9
Does anyone know how the wonderful bakerys in Chicago make rye bread?  I grew
up in Chicago and have never had any rye since I moved away that was as good.
 It is light (no molasses), very tender, crusty and smells wonderful.  It
comes with or without caraway.

I have tried many recipes over the 40 years since I left Chicago and have
never been able to replicate that rye bread.  I have even brought loaves back
to the west coast in my suitcase, when I visited my family in Chicago.

If anyone knows the secret, I'd love to know how the bakers make that rye!

Lois in Shelton, WA