[no subject]

Irwin@prodigy.com (MR IRWIN H FRANZEL)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 23:21:43, -0500
v097.n033.15
To: Marilyn Gardner <mgard@unm.edu>

Most automatic bread machines which produce a vertical loaf can bake a loaf
smaller than the capacity of the machine. We have been using Zojirushi S-15
machines in our rehabilitation work and have sold close to 2,000 of these
wonderful machines. How to bake a smaller loaf? Put less stuff in your
baking pan. If you want to bake a one pound loaf and your recipe is for a
one and one half pound loaf, use 2/3 of each ingredient. That's really all
there is to it. In the Zoji, which has a pan that is about 5 x 5 inches and
about 9 inches tall, we can bake loaves that range from 1/2 pound to 2
pounds. The limiting weight of the bread is not determined by the machine
as much as by the recipe. In a 1-1/2 pound (rated) Zoji, we bake 100% whole
wheat bread from freshly ground flour that weighs about 2-1/4 pounds. We
also bake cake mixes that produce about 1/2 pound cakes.

All you have to do is keep your ingredients proportional to the amount of
each called for in your original recipe and you'll get a good loaf.

                                Irwin/Delta Rehab/Using Zojis