R.R. Cereal

"Ellen C." <ellen@elekta.com>
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:49:32 -0400
v097.n032.18
* It calls for 1 cup of r.r. cereal. The poster is from Canada.

Hi Geef!

I just read something about this the other day, and I am fairly sure that "R.R.
cereal" refers to the "Red River Cereal" sold in Canada. According to the
poster, Red River Cereal contains equal amounts of cracked wheat, cracked rye,
and flax seeds. That's it. You can purchase each of these ingredients in a HFS,
and you can either purchase the grains already cracked, or crack the whole
grains at home, yourself.

Here are the poster's directions for cooking the cereal:

"When you make it, it's about 1/3 c. per person, with a pinch of salt and 1 c.
of water. Put them all in a pot, bring to a boil, stir every couple of minutes,
and let it simmer for 5 minutes until thick."

I hope this helps.

--
Ellen C.
ellen@brakes.elekta.com