for Darlene: answers to "A couple of questions"

"Joan Mathew" <cmathew@iadfw.net>
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 17:07:32 -0500
v097.n026.18
> 1.  What is the "King Arthur Flour Catalogue"?  Is there "King Arthur
> Flour"?  I have never seen it  where we live or have lived
> (northern/southern Idaho and British Columbia).  Where can I get one of
> those catalogues?

The King Arthur company has a Web site where you can request a
catalog, at:  http://home.kingarthurflour.com/

If you don't have Web access, you can contact them at:

King Arthur Flour
P.O. Box 1010, Route 5 South
Norwich, Vermont 05055
Voice: 802-649-3881 - Fax: 802-649-3323

E-Mail: info@KingArthurFlour.com

> 2.  What does this mean  *  Exported from  MasterCook  * ?  What is
> MasterCook?  A computer program for chefs/bakers?

I don't own it myself, but MasterCook is a software package that
stores recipes, has the ability to categorize them, allows printing,
etc.  There are lots of various features, but I think what you wanted
to know is that it's a program that runs on your PC!  It is widely
available, and I've seen a few Web sites about it.

I'm sure some of the MasterCook owners here on the list can give you
more info, but I hope that helps to clarify *what* it is.

> 3.  I use a Bosch mixer and bake my bread in the oven, can these bread
> machine recipes be used for the Bosch instead of the bread machine?  I had
> a Bread Man Plus machine for a couple of months in the latter part of '96,
> but returned it because the product was soooo inferior to my oven-baked
> bread.

Any bread machine recipe can be easily converted to a standard mixer.
 The sequence of mixing and kneading bread is fairly uniform
throughout most standard bread recipes, so once you understand the
basic procedure all you really need is the ingredient list and
sometimes the oven temperature and baking time (even these last two
are fairly uniform for most recipes).

Hope that helps a bit,
Joan

cmathew@airmail.net