Books for Katja

"Bobbi Terkowitz" <bterk@vion.com>
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:15:10 -0500
v097.n026.17
I, like you, am likely to go overboard on breadbaking books--I have a few
dozen now.  My all-time favorites are Bernard Clayton's Breads of France,
and Carol Field's The Italian Baker.  (Her book on Focaccia is also
terrific, though clearly very specialized.)  The Village Baker by Joe Ortiz
has fabulous sourdough recipes.  I also use James Beard's Beard on Bread
for special recipes (such as cranberry-orange quick bread, or Parker House
rolls).  By the way, my criteria for "great bread book" is not pictures or
layout, but reliably great bread.  Hope this helps!

Regards,
Bobbi