Maple/Pecan loaf

Bobbi Novicky <Cleome@ix.netcom.com>
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:10:22 -0500
v097.n023.9
I've received so many terrific recipes from this list, I thought I'd
offer a new one I just discovered. It makes just wonderful toast
slathered with apple or pumpkin butter....

3/4 cup water
1/2 cup pure maple syrup or Karo syrup with 1 tsp. maple flavoring
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or canola oil
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
1/4 to 1 teaspoon salt to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 to 3/4 cup pecan halves

Pour everything except pecan halves into bread machine in order
suggested by manufacturer and bake on FULL CYCLE.  Don't use short
cycle.  Put pecan halves in at raisin/nut beep.

I used the Karo syrup with maple flavoring and the bread is really
great.