Drying out sourdough starter + Favourite Recipe

"Robert and Carole Walberg" <walbergr@mb.sympatico.ca>
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:40:53 -500
v097.n009.2
Recently I have been noticing postings about drying out sourdough
starters for storage.  Could anyone tell me how that is done and how
it is then reconstituted for later use.

This is my favourite breadmaker recipe.  If you can't find flax
seeds, cracked wheat, etc. can replace it.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                      Breadmaker Country Seed Bread

Recipe By     : Canadian Living Magazine
Categories    : Breadmaker                       Breads

 280      Milliliters   Warm water
   3      Tablespoons   Vegetable oil
   2      Tablespoons   Liquid honey
   1      Teaspoon      Salt
   2      Cups          White flour
   1      Cup           Whole wheat flour
   4      Tablespoons   Flax seeds
   2      Tablespoons   Sesame seeds
   1      Tablespoon    Poppy seeds
   1 3/4  Teaspoons     Active dry yeast

  Add ingredients to bread bin/pan in order of list or as
manufacturer suggests.  Select white bread cycle or 3 hours. Makes 1
large loaf.

Carole Walberg

carole@mb.sympatico.ca