ABM water temperature

marciaf@juno.com (marcia a Fasy)
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:29:05 EST
v097.n007.5
After more  than three years of very happily  bread making in a Hitachi
HB B-102, I suddenly began to have failures.  When I first started using
the bread machine, I always heated the  water to 80 degrees in the
microwave. AT some time, I guess during the summer, I began to skip this
step with no problem. (However at  this time of year our water is very
cold) I still did not heat the water  because I was using the delay cycle
and felt that everything would warm up long before the cycle started and
also belived that the machine had a prewarmer which made temperatures
unimportant.  I called Hitachi and asked them about this matter.  I was
told that the machine senses the temperature of the water and other
ingredients at the time you start the timer - even on delay - and that
the water should be warm.  I really thought this sounded silly but
decided to try heating the water as recommended.  It worked and the bread
rose beautifully.  Hope this hint helps others.

Marcia