Zojirushi Bread Machine (fwd)

sally gregg <sgregg@email.unc.edu>
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:35:06 -0500 (EST)
v096.n070.19
Polly wrote:

To all the experienced Zoji owners;
     I just got the BBCC-S15A  Home bakery  bread machine.  I would
appreciate any hints or suggestions you may have.  I have used the Hitachi HB
B201 for several years and love it.  I wanted to give it to my daughter and
step up to a "better Machine".  I wonder if I made a mistake.  The first loaf
from the Zoji looked perfect and had a uniform texture, but was more like
store bought bread than the bread we love from my Hitachi.  I'm going to keep
experimenting with the Zoji.  I would also like to know if the cake cycle is
worth using. I like to bake and wonder if I will be happy with the Zoji
results.  Does anyone have a TNT recipe for a Zoji cake?
I appreciate any imput.  Thanks.

Polly:  I, too, just bought the BBCC-S15A and have had the same sinking
feeling that I have done the wrong thing.  I owned a Pana model for 9
months, used it a lot, and really loved the machine in all respects except
for the fact that there was no crust-selector control and many of the
loaves came out very badly burned. I tried all kinds of remedies, none of
which worked, and got zilch help from Pana, so I finally took my machine
back to the store where I bought it and they gave me a refund.  With great
expectations, I then got the Zoji - and lo and behold: I now have  perfect
crusts but the quality of the bread doesn't begin to be comparable.  I
have tried many of my previous favorite recipes, and nothing is turning
out to be anywhere near as good.  I am truly devastated, and I now don't
even want to make bread much anymore. If the solution is having to take
every old recipe and spend 3 or 4 go-rounds having to alter it to try and
come up with a satisfactory loaf then I am not very happy to put up with
so much aggravation.  Will be anxious to see the responses you get to your
question.

A disappointed Zoji owner,

Sally