Re: Digest bread-bakers.v096.n067

"Ron Cochran" <cochran@vbe.com>
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 07:36:13 -0600
v096.n070.17
-From: ComMom1@aol.com
-Subject: Zojirushi Bread Machine
-Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 11:52:05 -0500

-To all the experienced Zoji owners;
 -    I just got the BBCC-S15A  Home bakery  bread machine.  I would
-appreciate any hints or suggestions you may have.  I have used the Hitachi
HB
-B201 for several years and love it.  I wanted to give it to my daughter
and
-step up to a "better Machine".  I wonder if I made a mistake.  The first
loaf
-from the Zoji looked perfect and had a uniform texture, but was more like
-store bought bread than the bread we love from my Hitachi.  I'm going to
keep
-experimenting with the Zoji.  I would also like to know if the cake cycle
is
-worth using. I like to bake and wonder if I will be happy with the Zoji
-results.  Does anyone have a TNT recipe for a Zoji cake?
-I appreciate any imput.  Thanks.
-Polly

I have been using that Zoji model for the past several months and I like it
a lot.  Had a Mr. Coffee bread machine for two years (actually two of them)
prior to this.  The Zoji is much heavier duty and quieter during operation.

I have found that it is a good idea to spray a cooking oil spray into the
pan before you put the bread ingredients in.  The bread comes out much
easier.  I know that it is all Teflon lined, but I still recommend a quick
spray into the pan.

Also, I like the Zoji cake cycle. Everyone tells me that I am crazy and
that "quick breads" are so easy, you don't need a bread machine.  Well I
guess that I am lazy - but I like to throw everything into the pan and hit
"start."  For example, I have made banana and apple quick breads ( the ones
in the Zoji recipe book) and liked them both.  They do make a pretty small
loaf.  I tried to double the loaf so that it would fill the pan.  It bakes
OK, but the mixing bar can't mix that much batter well, so you get lumps of
flour.  I think it is best to stick to the smaller recipes.

I have also had a lot of questions about the fact that the quick bread
cycle uses an 85 min. bake time, while the Home Made cycle is limited to a
60 min. bake time.  I have been told that the 85 min. is far too long and
it may be done in 30-60 min.  But I did use the programmed 85 min. bake
time for my banana and apple quick breads, and they seemed OK.  So I guess
I don't like any of the answers that I have gotten so far.   If you find
out, I would like to know.

Take care!

Ron Cochran

Ron Cochran
cochran@vbe.com
1002 Pembrook Dr.
Neenah, WI  54956
voice-414-729-0742

"If you don't learn anything from your mistakes,
then there's no sense in making them!"