quick bread recipe

miller@micro.ti.com (Jenni Miller)
Wed, 18 Dec 96 17:21:34 EST
v096.n068.9
Someone asked for quick bread recipes, and I think I sent a response to the
wrong address.  Anyway, here's a tried and true recipe:

Apple Butter Bread

Recipe By     : Jenni Miller
Categories    :

   2      cups          flour
     3/4  cup           brown sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     baking powder
     1/4  teaspoon      baking soda
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      cinnamon
     1/2  teaspoon      ginger
     3/4  cup           apple butter
     1/2  cup           applesauce (low-fat) or butter, melted and cooled
     1/4  cup           skim milk
   2                    eggs, lightly beaten
   3      tablespoons   honey
   1      teaspoon      vanilla
     1/2  cup           raisins  (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 F.

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 ingredients)
and make a well in the center.

In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (the next 6 ingredients).

Pour wet mixture into the "well" of the dry ingredients and stir just to
combine (10-15 strokes).  Fold in raisins with as few strokes as possible.

Spoon batter into cooking-sprayed 9x5 loaf pan.

Bake 50-60 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 mins., then remove to cool completely.