pumpkin raspberry bread

Lobo119@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 23:48:12 +0000
v096.n067.8
Karen asked for holiday breads.  This pumpkin bread with optional
raspberries is wonderful.  I'm not so sure it's pretty ... it's brown :P
(not my favorite color) ...  but if it were baked in a round pan or
casserole dish which was the same capacity as a bread pan, wrapped in pink
plastic wrap and tied with a bow, it would be pretty.  It's so delicious I
don't think anyone would care if it was pretty!

I don't use a machine, so someone else will have to help Karen with any
conversion that might be necessary if she wants to bake it that way.  I've
successfully baked recipes meant for machines in my oven.  I had to add a
little flour was all.
PUMPKIN BREAD
from Cousin Janice

1 c. pumpkin
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c oil
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 t baking powder
1 t soda
1 t salt
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t allspice (or pumpkin pie spice)
1/3 c water
1/2 c nuts (optional)
2 c frozen raspberries (the kind in a bag with no juice) (optional)
	Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.