Re: Tasty breads

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 09:20:48 -0500
v096.n062.8
> From: Marina <thecollector@worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: Tasty breads
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:57:35 +0000
>
> I am wondering if any recipes for FLAVORED breads are available. I recently
> purchased a Zoji, LOVE it, it is all and more what it is built up to be. My
> problem is I have tried several loaves of bread ...cheddar onion, parm basil,
> etc. The flavor of the seasonings seem to be lost in the loaf I use the white
> bread base and add the flavors.   I would love to find a good flavorful
> sun-dried tomato bread with basil, and or cheese (parm) etc. And any other
> good ones that anyone on the list would like to share.  Thankyou, this is my
> first post hope it is o.k.
>
> marina phx. az.

Hello Marina -

The following is a recipe that I have adapted a good bit, but it might do what
you want.  I use it to make bread for turkey stuffing, but have adjusted the
amount of seasonings many times.  If you are going to use it just to eat rather
than for stuffine, you might want to reduce the seasonings to 1 tsp each or
less.  Just experiment with it and eventually you will find the amount you
like.  Of course, you are going to have to eat your mistakes! ::))

This bread also makes excellent croutons, so if you have a batch that is too
strongly flavored for the table, cube and dry it.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Bread for Stuffing

Recipe By     : (Adapted) The Bread Machine Cookbook III by Donna German
Categories    : Bread Machine                    To/From Breadlist

   1      c             Water
   1      lg            Egg
   3      tbs           Butter/margarine/oil
     1/2  c             Diced onion
   3      tsp           Brown/white sugar
   1      tsp           Salt
     1/3  tsp           Black pepper - coarse
   1 1/2  tsp           Dry sage -- (10 1/4 oz.)
   1 1/2  tsp           Celery seeds
   1 1/2  tsp           Poultry seasoning
   3 1/2  c             bread flour*
   1 1/2  tsp           Yeast

 *Can substitute 2 1/2 c  bread flour and 2/3 c  Cornmeal.

Load machine in order given. Use regular bread cycle.

Regards.

Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA