Re: Sweet Breads

"Ron Cochran" <cochran@vbe.com>
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 21:45:35 -0600
v096.n061.5
From: FORD_KAREN/TUC_06@burr-brown.com
Subject: Miscellaneous
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 96 17:44:00 -0700

Hi Folks,

On Nov. 4, 1996 Ford_Karen/Tuc wrote:

King Arthur Flour for  a catalog, I called their 800 number after I
didn't received anything after two months going through their Website.
The number is 1-800-827-6836.  After calling, I received the catalog in
about 2-3weeks.

>Might King Arthur Flour be a good source for bulk whole wheat flour?  I
have been looking for one. I normally buy bread flour at SAM's Warehouse
Club, but I have not found a good source for whole wheat.

By the way, the bread turned out all right, except the outside was
almost burnt.  Reggie, you are familiar with Lora Brody's Bread Book,
"Bread Machine Baking, Perfect Everytime"---it was the Ginger Pear
Bread recipe, only I used peaches.  Anyway, my ABM is automatically set
at medium and I have never had to adjust the setting for anything else
I've baked, although this is the "sweetest" bread I have ever baked.
Does anyone one else find that they have to adjust settings to light if
they are baking breads with a higher sugar content?  It makes sense,
although none of my recipe books suggest it.

> Yes, I normally get darker crust with my Zoji machine, when I make sweet
breads.  I usually have to set the crust selector to "light" for such
breads.

Take care!

Ron

Ron Cochran
cochran@vbe.com
1002 Pembrook Dr.
Neenah, WI  54956
voice-414-729-0742

When all else fails, sit calmly and breath conciously.