LIR119@delphi.com
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 06:34:56 -0500 (EST)
v096.n050.14
To Kiana: re toastmaster trouble

I own a toastmaster Plantinum Plus model 1199s
and it never made the noise
like you described! Call their consumer dept: 18009473744
I found them friendly and helpful. they may have the answer for you.

ALL PURPOSE FLOUR VRS BREAD FLOUR

Bread flour has more protein ( gluten content ) in it which allows for the
proper structure of yeast bread products.Think of gluten as a rubber band.
More gluten allows the cells to stretch and expand, neccessary for bread.
If you have an abm  with its long kneading and risings youll understand why
bread flour works best. all purpose flour just doesnt have the stamina so to
speak.

But: pies, cakes, biscuits, muffins etc
require less gluten because  fewer cell building
structures are requried for fragile tender doughs; all purpose or cake
flour is used.

Also breads that need high baking temps like pizza or hearth breads need a
high protein ( high gluten)flour to withstand the strong leavening action
initiated by the high heat .Carbon dioxide gas is released during the baking
process which pushes on the cell structures; therefore you need a " strong
flour" for this kind of baking to hold the breads shape etc.

Think of High gluten flour as " strong flour" : " Hard" wheat flour
and low gluten flour as       " weak flour "  : " soft" wheat flour

Next time you visit the supermarket look at the side of the boxes or
packages of flour and note the difference in gluten( protein )
content in all purpose, bread and cake flour.

I hope I have explained the difference in a fashion you can understand!

Joan

Joan,"Flour Power"

'

`[1;36;43mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered