Re: bulgar

sue@interport.net (Sue)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 11:53:58 -0400 (EDT)
v096.n050.6
>Please help!  I had mistakenly purchased some bulgar at the health food store
>for a bread recipe which did not really call for it.  Now I have it
>in my cupboard and do not have any use for it.  I would like to be
>able to use it in some kind of bread machine recipe if anyone has a
>recipe that calls for it.

Try using a recipe that calls for "cracked wheat," especially one that calls
for soaking the wheat first.  You might have to adjust the liquid in the
recipe depending on how much the bulgur absorbs.

 Any other uses would be helpful as well
>but mainly I am interested in bread machine recipes.

You can make bulgur pilaf as a side dish.  Also, if it is finely-ground
bulgur it is good as tabbouli (a salad side dish).

Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation...  I can find it myself!