Recipe Archive Appreciated

Janis Russell <rrussell@tulsa.oklahoma.net>
Sat, 5 Oct 1996 09:05:52 -0500
v096.n047.5
I have been reading this list for several months now, and have learned alot
of great baking tips and tried many wonderful recipes.  So, I thought it
about time to say hello and Thanks!  Also, a very special thanks to Reggie
for all her efforts with this list.  And I don't know how to begin to say
thanks for the bread recipe archive...IT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!  I've
slowly been trying to accumulate and organize some ABM recipes into
MasterCook, knowing that it would probably take months or even years to
finally achieve this...now all that hard work has been done for me!
I'm relatively new at this bread baking business, I've spent just under a
year with my trusty Hitachi, and I'm hooked. Never could make an edible loaf
by hand, never had the time, the patience, nor the will to learn.  But now I
feel free to experiment with ingredients and even make up my own recipes.  I
like whole wheat bread, but not too heavy, so I've been adapting, altering,
and tweaking, until I finally came up with a light and fluffy loaf.  I may
never really 'perfect' it, but it's pretty darn close...and actually edible.
Hope you enjoy,
Janis

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           LIGHT-N-FLUFFY WHEAT

Recipe By     : Janis Russell
Serving Size  : 14   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Sandwich

     3/4  cup           water -- plus 1 tablespoon
   1      teaspoon      lemon juice
   2      tablespoons   honey
   1 1/2  tablespoons   unsalted butter
   3      tablespoons   dried buttermilk powder
   3      tablespoons   potato flakes
   2      tablespoons   wheat germ
   1      tablespoon    gluten
     3/4  teaspoon      salt
     1/2  cup           whole wheat flour -- (white)
   1 1/2  cups          bread flour
   2      teaspoons     active dry yeast

Select basic white bread, or delayed timer setting and light crust.

NOTES : The amount of water may need to be adjusted depending on humidity.
        White whole wheat flour is less bitter.