Another question

donna@mfslater.demon.co.uk (donna Slater)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 20:01:30 GMT
v096.n034.15
Hi again everyone

I'm afraid I have another question for you all.  I've just made  the Molasses
Wheat Bread from one of Donna German's cook books (the only bread machine
book I seem to be able to get in England at present).  The bread calls for
1.5 tb honey and 1.5 tb molasses in a 1 lb loaf.  It rose well, but when I
took it out of the machine the crust had separated from the bread, so if I
wanted I could easily have peeled off the top and bottom crusts.  Does anyone
know why this is?  Is it because of the high sugar content?  The whole recipe
follows so that you can have some idea perhaps of what may have gone wrong.

Molasses wheat bread
Fromm the Donna German Bread Machine Cook Book

Ingredients are given for a 11, 1.5 and 2 lb loaf

Water, 3/4 cup, 1 cup 1.5 cups
Vegetable oil 1/2 tb, 1 tb, 1.5 tb
Molasses 1.5 tb, 2 tb, 2.5 tb
Honey, 1.5 tb, 2 tb, 2.5 tb
egg, 1/2, 1, 1
Salt 3/4 ts, 1 ts, 1 ts
wheat germ 3 tb, 1/4 c, 1/3 c
Whole bran cereal 3 tb, 1/4 c, 1/3 c
Rolled oats, 3 tb, 1/4 c, 1/3 c
Whole wheat flour 1 1/8 c, 1 1/2 c, 2 c
Bread flour 1 1/8 c, 1 1/2 c, 2 c
Dry milk powder 3 tb, 1/4 c, 1/3 c
Vital gluten (I did not use this) 1 1/2 tb, 2 tb, 2 tb
Rapid or quick yeast 1 1/2 ts, 2 ts 2 ts
Cycle white, wheat, sweet, timed.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Best wishes

--
Donna Slater